Monday, February 16, 2009

Original Doll

If you're from the "I ♥ Buffy" era like I am, you should remember Eliza Dushku. Remember when Buffy died for a minute and Kendra was crowned the new slayer, except psych, Buffy lived and there were 2 slayers in existence at the same time. Then Kendra died and Faith became the new slayer, except Faith was a bit of a wild child and a bad slayer.

Anyway, Faith is back on TV with a new name and new mission. In Dollhouse, Eliza plays Echo, an "Active" or "Doll," whose memory's been wiped clean so she can be imprinted with different personalities.

When the show aired on Friday, I fell asleep and it's not because the show bored me to death. I had had a busy day before I got settled in my papasan to watch the show. I went to the city to go to Crumbs and do some retail therapy at Macy's (great sale) and H&M (better sale). It's fashion week so I got caught up in the excitement at Bryant Park. Then on my way home I stopped at my favorite café for chai tea then went to my favorite Italian restaurant for take out. After dinner my mom and I headed to the movie theater to see He's Just Not That Into You (good movie, somewhat predictable ending ... to me anyway). After all that, who wouldn't be exhausted? What I saw of Dollhouse was good. I just need to watch the rest. You can watch the full first episode below.


Confused? As I stood on line at Crumbs there were a bunch of girls in white leotards promoting Dollhouse, but by the time I bought my cupcakes, they were gone, but the truck with the mannequins in it was still there. You can see the Bryant Park tents through the glass lol.



No comments: