Tuesday, February 17, 2009

William Rast Showcases "New America"

Last week I read in The Cut that the F09 William Rast collection was inspired by a "new America."

With President Obama in the White House, Timberlake said he has been inspired to showcase a line that’s full of what American fashion should be about — leather motorcycle jackets, oversize flannel plaid shirts, black skinny and acid-wash denim jeans. - WWD


Last night, amidst a full to the brim tent, the William Rast runway show commenced to show what Americana style is all about.

While the looks from the show weren't the greatest things since JT brought sexy back, there were a few looks that caught my eye.





My main thoughts were:
  • I never tire of the William Rast American flag tee.
  • I love the zipper details on the jeans.
  • The patchwork jeans and studded leather jacket are eye catchers.
  • I need that fringe denim skirt.
  • The embroidered black blazer was interesting.

All photos from mbfashionweek.com/newyork

No comments: