Saturday, February 21, 2009

Make Way for the 6-Pack

My friends will tell you that I'm a sucker for a guy with a 6-pack, but I also like 6-packs of the music video variety. Below I bring you an emo rapper, a guy who sounds like the second coming of Eminem, the original American Idol, and a love stoned pop star. You know you love it.

Kanye West - Welcome to Heartbreak
I read an article recently that said, "Kanye was always emo." This song definitely shows that. His last album is very moody. People aren't really feelin' it, but I am.



Asher Roth - I Love College
I love college too, but for different reasons than Asher. Does anyone else notice that he sounds like Eminem?



Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
I love Kelly Clarkson. I love anything she does. I loved her last album even though no one else did. She'll always be my favorite American Idol.



Kid Cudi - Day 'n' Nite
First I showed you Kid Cudi in Welcome to Heartbreak, and now I'm showing him in his own production. I wasn't that into this song at first, but it's definitely growing on me.



T.I. & Justin Timberlake - Dead and Gone
I have no idea what T.I. is saying in this song; I just know Justin's part which is alright with me. I just like pointing East, West and North. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to put Mr. JT in the middle of nowhere playing a piano is a genius. I also love when he's standing in the intersection because I like to imagine that I'm driving the car instead of T.I. and I'm going to rescue him.



The Veronicas - Burning Up
I know you're thinking, "Huh? The Veronicas are covering a Jonas Brother song?" That's what I thought when I first saw this on Pepsi Smash. Their cover's actually really good and not as teeny-boppery as the original (which I will always adore).



BONUS VIDEO :: Jason Mraz & Colby Caillat - Lucky
A couple of weeks ago Jason Mraz went to my favorite radio station's (Z100) studio to do a live web chat. The week of the chat, you could submit questions for Jason so I asked where he filmed Lucky. I was watching footage of the web chat and he totally answered my question! I was so excited. The answer's Prague by the way.



No comments: