Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Fashion

This year I really liked everyone's outfits. There was really only one that made me say, "What the hell?" (Jessica Biel --> I did like your hair though.). Here are my favorites of the evening.

The Oscar red carpet was a sea of shades of blue with dashes of metallic silver and gold. My favorite gowns of the evening were worn by Penelope Cruz, Marisa Tomei, Anne Hathaway, Vanessa Hudgens, and Freida Pinto.

Apparently Penelope had seen her dress eight years ago and just happened to find it in the archives last week. It's 60 years old and the perfect dress to win an Oscar in. Be sure to click the photo below to see the detailing in Marisa Tomei's dress. The pleating is just exquisite. Anne didn't go home a winner tonight, but she looked statuesque in her mermaid gown. I love black dresses; I even wore one to prom while everyone else opted for various shades of the rainbow. I'm not a huge fan of Vanessa Hudgens, but I love that she chose this dress. It's amazing. Freida can do no wrong on the red carpet. One award show after another her dresses get better and better, and she chose the perfect dress to cap off the award season with. Congrats.



I must say this, Mickey Rourke is one stylish man. I don't think I've ever seen him in a tie or socks, much less a penguin suit. The Oscars were no different. Mickey showed up decked out in a white suit and black shirt sans tie. He's such a little rockstar. As you can see from the photos below, my British boys Rob Pattinson and Dev Patel went for the classic tux while Emile Hirsch wore a nice suit. All looked smashing and Rob even brought out the Edward Cullen eyes. ;-)



(all photos from justjared.com)

No comments: