Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Things

'25 Things' has officially taken over. Every other day my friends tag me in their notes. Even The New York Times wrote an article about the Facebook craze. I have not caved in until now. Here are 25 things you need to know about me.

(1) "Shoes" was my first word. I'm not sure why, but my mum says that when I put my shoes on I knew I was going somewhere. Shoes are still my favorite piece of clothing. They can either make you or break you. Word to the wise, women do not wear heels if you can't walk in them. They just make you a sight for sore eyes.

(2) I love love love blogging. I can create a blog with my eyes closed. I don't even know which number this blog is for me. I think it's my tenth. I can't keep track anymore.

(3) I'm quiet and observant, therefore people think I'm shy. That is so not the case. Just ask my family and friends whose ears I can talk off when I'm ready.

(4) I'm studying PR in school, but at times I think I like editing more than PR. I actually found an internship recently that's the perfect mix of PR and editorial so I'm really excited. Cross your fingers that I get it.

(5) I don't consider myself to be very athletic, but other people do. I even won an award for my athleticism in elementary school. I'm not even big on watching sports either except for X-Games, tennis and beach volleyball.

(6) My favorite actor is James Dean. They just don't make them like that anymore.

(7) Sometimes I wished I lived in past decades. How cool would it be to hang out with everyone at Andy Warhol's factory? And how cool would it be to go to one of Gatsby's parties? (Yes I know Gatsby's not real.)

(8) I wish I had an accent, preferably a British one. My friends tell me to go to another country, but it's so not the same thing.

(9) Sometimes I can't be bothered with books because I feel some authors try to copy other successful authors. Just look at Gossip Girl and the many Gossip Girl-esque series that followed.

(10) Sweet Valley High: Slam Book Fever will always be my favorite childhood book.

(11) I like music when it's not that mainstream, but for some reason I can't stop singing Single Ladies.

(12) I want a guy whose pants aren't hanging off his behind. Is that too much to ask?

(13) I think it would be cool to own a nightclub, and I think I've found the perfect location.

(14) I grew up in Westchester, but I love NYC more. There's just more freedom in the city.

(15) The key to my style is simple ... DKNY jeans, Payless shoes, loads of H&M, and a really good hair stylist armed with a blow dryer and flat iron.

(16) Sometimes I think my friends and I should have a reality show. If LC and crew can do it, so can we.

(17) Dirty Dancing is one of the handful of '80s movies that I like. Maybe that's because it doesn't take place in the '80s.

(18) I love learning other languages. It comes kind of easier to me than say, science. So far I have Spanish, Italian, and a semester of Japanese under my belt. I hope to take French next year.

(19) Growing up an only child, I'm used to doing things on my own without any help. As a result, when I have to rely on people to do things, I can get very nervous depending on who the person is.

(20) One of the assistant vice principals at my high school always said, "The only thing you have in this world is your name." I think he's right.

(21) My seventh grade teacher sat my friend and me down and told us not to be teachers. After that I went through a phase where I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. Every other week I had a new career. The ones I remember fondly are fashion designer, eyeglass designer, physical therapist (so I could help Derek Jeter, don't ask), music video director and lawyer. There are more I can't remember. Ask my BFF if you want to know more.

(22) I actually ended up in Mass Comm because of Orlando Bloom. My friend's cousin met him at a work-related event when I was in high school. My friend said her cousin studied Mass Comm, and I decided that I should too. Thank you Orlando!

(23) The last time I drove a car was during my road test four years ago. My mom's car was stick so I didn't bother learn to drive it. Over a year ago she sold her car so now we we walk/train/cab/bus it everywhere. I don't mind. Have you seen how crazy it is on the road these days?

(24) I don't think I want to get married and have kids. At least not in my 20s. I want to travel the world and see new things while I'm still young.

(25) I discovered that writing 25 things about yourself is harder than it looks.

Au revoir.

No comments: